Condolences to the Family of Pat Hickey

Dear Colleagues:

With a heavy heart, I am sharing Peg Jewett’s note regarding the passing of our dear friend, Pat Hickey:

It is with enormous sadness that I tell you that Pat Hickey died Sunday night. Pat retired several years ago after serving Our Lady’s University for twenty years. He had been battling cancer for a number of years. For the last two years, he was doing well – enjoying retirement, visiting this children and grandchildren, and sending out many emails to his Notre Dame friends!   I had lunch with him two months ago and he was vintage Pat!   I understand from his daughter, Maura, that the past six weeks were tough on Pat, so God called him home.  The scripture “well done, good and faithful servant” comes to mind.

Visitation will be held from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM on Thursday, July 17, at William H. Clark Funeral Home, 1003 Main Street, Stroudsburg, PA. 

A mass of Christian Burial will be at 10:00 AM Friday, July 18, in St. Matthew’s Roman Catholic Church, 200 Brodhead Ave., East Stroudsburg, PA. Burial will follow at Laurelwood Cemetery, 901 Bryant St., Stroudsburg, PA.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests that tributes/memorial donations be made to the University of Notre Dame in the name of J. Patrick Hickey, University of Notre Dame, 1100 Grace Hall, Notre Dame, IN 46556.

The Hickey family address is: Mrs. Deborah Hickey, 7228 Hickory Lane Road, Stroudsburg, PA 18360

We have lost a true Notre Dame man.  I have lost a most excellent friend.

I know you join me in prayer and remembrance for Pat and his family.

Sincerely,

Anne Griffith