Welcome Brian Powell to the Athletics Advancement Team

I am excited to officially announce the addition of Brian Powell to the Athletics Advancement team as the Director of Operations.  Brian will oversee a number of our internal functions, including marketing, communications, stewardship, and reporting.  Furthermore, he will work closely with the field fundraisers and serve as an integral on-campus resource for their prospect and donor needs, much like an Academic Advancement officer.

Since coming to the University nearly two years ago, Brian has done terrific work as a major gift officer, a leader of Notre Dame Day and most recently, as the Director of the Rockne Heritage Fund.   He will continue to oversee the Rockne Heritage Fund through the transition to a new manager.

Brian and his wife, Katie (ND assistant lacrosse coach), are the proud new parents of Cooper, who joined their family and our UR team this past December.

I couldn’t be more excited to welcome Brian officially to Athletics Advancement and am confident that he will play a significant role in our future success.

Sara Liebscher

13 thoughts on “Welcome Brian Powell to the Athletics Advancement Team

1. Congratulations Brian, I hope you’ll still be able to stop by Grace every once in a while!

2. Congratulations Brian. I am so happy for YOU and your family. Athletics Advancement is Blessed to have you.

3. Thank everyone for the comments. Notre Dame has been so good to me and I am very thankful for the opportunity.