Thank you from Chuck Schnur

Dear Friends and Colleagues,
I am a very blessed person!
It has been several weeks now since my June 20 cerebral hemorrhage, and I am here to give heartfelt thanks to all of you who offered your very kind prayers and thoughtful good wishes for me and my family!  Your cards, notes, lit Grotto candles, expressions of encouragement, and again, especially prayers have helped me through this ordeal.
The doctors are still amazed I did not pass out at my desk when the hemorrhage occurred and that I did not incur speech impairment or paralysis.  I was in ICU for 18 days, and then the doctors realeased me to recover and mend at home.  Headaches and fatigue were the norm through July, however, August has been a month of rebuilding my stamina and rejuvenation!  I started working part time in late July and I was back to full time two weeks ago. But, I still need to pace myself each day, the brain healing process will be ongoing for a while as my body recovers.
Because the cerebral angiograms did not reveal what caused my bleeding or where, my neurological doctors say there is a 30% chance it could happen again.  I told them I’m going to be in the 70% group!
So, I am doing well.  God is good!!  His grace is powerful and pure.  Our Lady continues to watch over me with love and care!!  And, the wonderful friendship you all bestow upon me is precious.
I am blessed.  Thank you again!

12 thoughts on “Thank you from Chuck Schnur

  1. Chuck,

    Sending continued prayers and strength your way. If I can be of assistance in any other way, please let me know. For now take yur time.

  2. Chuck,

    You and your family have been in our prayers since I heard about this. When I told my husband about it, he said, “Chuck is a farm boy, he’ll get through this”. With lots of prayers heading your faith and you faith in God, I knew you were in good hands. Continue to gain your strength and continue to pace yourself. Sometimes you have to take two steps back to gain a step but eventually you make it to where you want to be. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you or your family. Meanwhile, continued thoughts and prayers are heading your way!

  3. That’s wonderful news Chuck! God is good! May HE continue to bless you and your family.

    Brenda Carr

  4. Chuck, great to hear the update. Prayers will continue. Please go easy, remember you have awesome support with Maribeth to help with donors! You will get through this! Love, hugs and prayers!

  5. Great to hear from you Chuck and that you are recovering! will keep you in our prayers!