Fall 2021 & Spring 2022
Canvas available for use by Notre Dame instructors, with transition support, on-boarding, and orientation.
By the beginning of Summer 2022, all courses will be taught in the Canvas LMS and Sakai will no longer be available.
- Spring 2022: The last semester Sakai will be available for teaching.
- Summer 2022: Sakai will not be available for teaching. All courses will be created in Canvas.
- December 2022: Retrieval of content from Sakai will be possible through December.
- Fall 2022: All Notre Dame courses moved to Canvas; Sakai retired in December 2022.
- Spring 2023: All courses available and offered on Canvas
- Fall 2021 migration efforts for select faculty/courses. (Faculty whose courses are prioritized to move to Canvas for Fall 2021 have been contacted).
- All summer courses (with the exception of Summer Online program) will remain on Sakai.
- Faculty chosen to participate in the pilot will test one of the two finalist platforms (BrightSpace and/or Canvas) in live instruction, supported by the OIT Teaching and Learning Technologies team.
- The faculty committee will continue to collect faculty and student feedback, evaluate the results of the pilot, and recommend the successor platform by the end of May 2021.
- All faculty are invited to vendor presentations by Instructure on Friday, October 23 (Canvas) and D2L on Friday, October 30 (Brightspace).
- The TLT identifies faculty volunteers to use one of the candidate platforms in a live pilot during the Spring 2021 semester.