- Notre Dame Club Baseball Walks Away Victorious Over Northwestern Club Baseball In High-Scoring Game, 11-6
- Both Notre Dame Club Baseball and Northwestern Club Baseball had their offenses going on Sunday, but Notre Dame Club Baseball eventually prevailed 11-6.
- Notre Dame Club Baseball captured the lead in the first inning. Andrew Turzai drove in one when he doubled.
- In the top of the third inning, Northwestern Club Baseball tied things up at two when Patrick Lin doubled on the first pitch of the at bat, scoring one run.
- After Northwestern Club Baseball scored one run in the top of the eighth, Notre Dame Club Baseball answered with one of their own. Northwestern Club Baseball scored when Neil Chindoubled on the first pitch of the at bat, scoring one run. Notre Dame Club Baseball then answered when Jens Rataczak doubled on a 1-0 count, scoring one run.
- Notre Dame Club Baseball took the lead for good with one run in the fourth inning. In the fourth Andrew Frear doubled on a 0-1 count, scoring one run.
- Notre Dame Club Baseball tallied seven runs in the sixth inning. Frear, Jack Molumphy, and Ross Poulley powered the big inning with RBIs.
- Northwestern Club Baseball scored three runs in the ninth inning. The offensive firepower by Northwestern Club Baseball was led by AJ Hopkins and Mason Propper, all knocking in runs in the inning.
- Danny Bicknell was the winning pitcher for Notre Dame Club Baseball. He surrendered two runs on three hits over six innings, striking out one. Andrew Conces and Patrick Harris entered the game out of the bullpen and helped to close out the game in relief.
- Davis Rich led things off on the hill for Northwestern Club Baseball . He went four innings, allowing three runs on seven hits, striking out two and walking zero. Jeremy Greenberger and Purple entered the game as relief, throwing two and two-thirds innings and one and one-third innings respectively.
- Notre Dame Club Baseball tallied 11 hits on the day. Turzai, Frear, Poulley, and Andrew Rockamann each had multiple hits for Notre Dame Club Baseball. Rockamann, Poulley, Frear, and Turzai each collected two hits to lead Notre Dame Club Baseball. Rataczak led Notre Dame Club Baseball with two stolen bases, as they ran wild on the base paths with seven stolen bases.
- Northwestern Club Baseball collected eight hits. Austin Johnson, Lin, and Chin all collected multiple hits for Northwestern Club Baseball . Johnson went 3-for-5 at the plate to lead Northwestern Club Baseball in hits. Northwestern Club Baseball didn’t commit a single error in the field. Johnson had the most chances in the field with eight.
“Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger Media. Copyright 2017. All rights reserved.” Any reuse or republication of this story must include the preceding attribution.
Invite Notre Dame Fans