Mark Cuban Finds His ‘Mini-Me’ In A 16-Year-Old Entrepreneur

http://www.forbes.com/sites/under30network/2016/03/15/mark-cuban-finds-his-mini-me-in-a-16-year-old-entrepreneur/#3702f8256cc7

Here is another article showcasing a teenage who is smarter than me.  The product introduced by this entrepreneur is pretty cool.  Forbes did a nice job.

Interestingly, a quote from Mark Cuban in this article caught my attention and reflected a “traditional lawyer’s” perspective on entrepreneurs (a topic Nora and I presented on a few weeks ago), which condones mitigating risk early in the business-planning cycle.  This opposes how entrepreneurs generally like to approach starting a company.  Here is the quote:

The most important piece of advice Stern received from Cuban is “to walk before you run.” Stern elaborated, “You want to be prepared, but you also want to eliminate the most amount of risk before starting and going into something, and that’s the best way of approaching a company. It’s just to take things slowly until you get an order. Be excited, but don’t overexcite yourself until everything goes through.”

Enjoy!

One thought on “Mark Cuban Finds His ‘Mini-Me’ In A 16-Year-Old Entrepreneur

1. I too am amazed by the brilliant ideas children a decade younger than me are coming up with me. Last year I watched a Notre Dame competition put on by a different Shark Tank investor Kevin O’Leary who despite numerous MBA pitches ended up liking an idea of a then freshman. Just goes to show how technology these days are helping entrepreneurs of all types promote their ideas.