According to a recent study published by the National Foundation for American Policy, here are some interesting facts about the relationship between immigration and some of the U.S.’ most successful startups:
- 51% (44 of 87) of American startups currently valued at $1B or more were started by immigrants
- these companies result in an average of 760 jobs each
- nearly half of these companies have a founder (or co-founder) who came to the U.S. on a student visa.
- California is the home base for most of these companies (followed by New York, Massachusetts and Illinois)
- India is the source of the largest number of founders of billion-dollar startups