How the Mindset of a Lawyer Improves an Entrepreneur

This article from a few years ago is written by a lawyer who became an entrepreneur. I spent a few years before law school working for an entrepreneurial alternative legal services company and encountered many forward-thinking professionals who felt that lawyers were slow to adopt change needed in the legal profession. I found this article refreshing as it provides perspective about how legal training can be valuable to an entrepreneurial mindset.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theyec/2015/04/08/how-thinking-like-a-lawyer-made-me-a-better-entrepreneur/#52d4b5c61e71

One thought on “How the Mindset of a Lawyer Improves an Entrepreneur

1. I liked this article because it seems that we have been bad-mouthing lawyers. While I can see the argument that lawyers overanalyze and over worry and get in their own way, there is something to be said about being able to anticipate problems before they become too expensive. Failure to do that–living with your head too high in the clouds–might be a motivating start to a venture, but to actually succeed you, of course, do need to learn how to mitigate risks. I think this article did a good job at showing how the skills lawyers develop through that sort of obsessive analysis is actually a benefit–so long as it doesn’t get in the way of actually starting the venture.