Follow-up on Blink Health

Hi guys, I have never heard of Blink Health prior to seeing the article (which I posted earlier) about the company suing its former executives.  I did some research afterwards because I thought they were really interesting and wanted to see how big this company is.  Apparently it has been around for a while and its member numbers are in the hundreds of thousands.  I found an article in 2016 talking about how Blink Health is disrupting the price hike (sounds a bit like Schumpeter). Embedded in the article is a video of the co-founders interview (in case you just want to listen instead of read).

2 thoughts on “Follow-up on Blink Health

1. Great post. The idea introduced by Blink Health do seem to be very interesting and helpful. The lawsuit between Blink and Hippo also raises another concern about how the law may affect new business. A well-designed employee contract between the former executives of Blink could have provided effective protection non-compete clauses. It will be interesting to know how courts will address this type of protection for new business.

2. Very cool company! Some of the testimonials on their website seem pretty powerful. I found this article: http://www.pharmacytimes.com/contributor/timothy-aungst-pharmd/2018/03/pharmacy-wars-an-era-of-acquisition-mergers-and-losses, which notes some of the reasons why the pharmacy market is prime for start-ups. Some factors include: patient care services, logistics and speed, and cost transparency- which is the factor that Blink Health seems to have capitalized on. As the author concluded, “Patients are angry about drug costs and availability, and savvy businesspeople will find a profit there somehow.”