A collection of miscellaneous facts and some (past) achievements:
- US Citizenship
- Previously interned at Meta and Google
- Strong programming skills in C++, C, Python. Very comfortable with Linux: my main OS is Manjaro, and I frequently use Ubuntu and Red Hat when maintaining or developing on personal and lab computers.
- Previous research collaborations with: Duality, Facebook, Google, CryptoLab
- Named as a finalist for the Meta PhD Fellowship for 2022 (approximately in the top 5% of applicants)!
- Awarded an Outstanding TA Award from ND CSE for Spring 2021!
- Awarded the competitive Jack and Mary Ann Remick Fellowship in Engineering from Notre Dame
- Graduated cum laude from both Albion and Michigan, with 3 years or less per degree (counting only time on campus; I delayed my graduation from Albion)
- Minor with Honors and Thesis in Applied Mathematics at Albion, minor in Mathematics at Michigan – you can probably guess what I really wanted to go to grad school for
- Graduated from Michigan in 2017, the University’s Bicentennial year, earning the special dark blue Bicentennial tassel alongside the College of Engineering’s orange tassel. I also share a homecoming class with my dad (Michigan divides alumni into homecoming classes by their graduating year modulo 10).
- My Erdős number is 4 – https://www.csauthors.net/distance/paul-erdos/jonathan-takeshita
Boy Scouts of America
- Eagle Scout rank achieved in the rank’s Centennial year (2012), with the special badge to show for it
- Order of the Arrow – Brotherhood
- Held elected office as Senior Patrol Leader (troop’s elected head) and Patrol Leader. Earned Honor Patrol 3 times as Patrol Leader.
- Didn’t earn the Computers merit badge, though my career in computing doesn’t seem to have suffered for it.
- Merit Badges: Swimming, First Aid, Communications, Environmental Science, Indian Lore, Small Boat Sailing, Citizenship in the World, Citizenship in the Nation, Citizenship in the Community, Music, Mammal Study, Personal Management, Lifesaving, Personal Fitness, Family Life, Camping, Wilderness Survival, Crime Prevention, Fingerprinting, Law, Carpentry