A collection of miscellaneous facts and some (past) achievements:
- US Citizenship
- Previously interned at Meta and Google
- Strong programming skills in C++, C, Python. Very comfortable with Linux: my main OS is Manjaro, and I frequently use Ubuntu.
- Named as a finalist for the Meta PhD Fellowship for 2022 (approximately in the top 5% of applicants)!
- Awarded an Outstanding TA Award from ND CSE for Spring 2021!
- Awarded the competitive Jack and Mary Ann Remick Fellowship in Engineering from Notre Dame
- Graduated cum laude from both Albion and Michigan, with 3 years or less per degree (counting only time on campus; I delayed my graduation from Albion)
- Minor with Honors and Thesis in Applied Mathematics at Albion, minor in Mathematics at Michigan – you can probably guess what I really wanted to go to grad school for
- Graduated from Michigan in 2017, the University’s Bicentennial year, earning the special dark blue Bicentennial tassel alongside the College of Engineering’s orange tassel. I also share a homecoming class with my dad (Michigan divides alumni into homecoming classes by their graduating year modulo 10).
- My Erdős number is 4 – https://www.csauthors.net/distance/paul-erdos/jonathan-takeshita
Boy Scouts of America
- Eagle Scout rank achieved in the rank’s Centennial year (2012), with the special badge to show for it
- Order of the Arrow – Brotherhood
- Held elected office as Senior Patrol Leader (troop’s elected head) and Patrol Leader. Earned Honor Patrol 3 times as Patrol Leader.
- Didn’t earn the Computers merit badge