MS in Patent Law, The University of Notre Dame du Lac, May 2016 (Expected);
Ph.D in Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Mississippi, July 2012;
BS in Biotechnology, Shandong Normal University, July 2006;
Postdoc in National Institutes of Health (NIH) from October 2012 to July 2014.
Xiaoning has experiences in Natural Products Chemistry/Drug Discovery for almost 10 years. Her Ph.D study was focused on isolation and structure determination of naturally occurring secondary metabolites as pharmaceuticals or/and agrichemicals from fungi and aromatic plants. She isolated over 50 bioactive compounds including 8 unique structures isolated for the first time from the nature. Upon graduation, Xiaoning worked as a postdoctoral fellow in The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health (NIDDK-NIH) for two years. Her research work as a postdoctoral fellow lied in antibiotic drug discovery from marine sponges and drug-resistant bacteria gene development, aiming to discover the specific gene responsible for the drug-resistance. Her work of discovery of an extremely potent nucleoside antibiotic was featured in the NIH Intramural Research Program in 2015.
Xiaoning has 11 publications and 8 presentations/posters for conferences. Besides the research work, she also serve as reviewer for five professional journals in her area. Xiaoning also has a solid background in Biotechnology.
While earning her MS in Patent Law, Xiaoning has been working as an Analytical Chemist in Chemical Synthesis and Drug Discovery Facility at Notre Dame since October 2014.
Xiaoning can be reached at email@example.com
- Wang X, Lohith K, Lloyd J, Bewley C. Blasticidin S amide, a new nucleoside antibiotic from the sponge Theonella swinhoei with antibacterial activity against Gram-negative multidrug-resistant clinical isolates. (In submission)
- Wang X, Radwan M, Wedge D, Cutler S. Antifungal activity against plant pathogens of metabolites from the endophytic fungus Cladosporium cladosporioides. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 2013, 61 (19), 4551–4555. Winner of the 2014 Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry Research Article of the Year Award Lectureship.
- Wang X, Wedge D, Cutler J, etc. Antifungal metabolites from the roots of Diospyros virginiana by overpressure layer chromatography. Chemistry and Biodiversity, 2011, 8 (12): 2331-2340.
- Wang X, Wedge D, etc. Development of a miniaturized 24-well strawberry leaf disk bioassay for evaluating natural fungicides. Natural Product Communication, 2008, 3(7): 1079-1084.
- 3/2014 Poster, Gordon Research Conferences on Marine Natural Products, Ventura, CA.
- 9/2013 Technological Challenges in Antibiotic Discovery and Development, Washington DC.