I am happy to share several staffing announcements and promotions for the Special Events & Stewardship team (please note that our unit is no longer to be referred to as Donor Engagement). First of all, we want to thank Libby Schleiffarth and Pat James for their dedication and commitment to Notre Dame’s mission; both are retiring this summer. I am inspired to share the following staff changes:
- Heather Moriconi has been promoted to Director of Special Events & Stewardship with a focus on the stewardship programs in support of the academy, and the ownership of the acknowledgment processes. She will partner with the East team of Regional Development and Principal Gifts.
- Sara Kassen has been promoted to Director of Special Events & Stewardship with a focus on the stewardship programs for financial aid as well as all public and personal recognition of donors, including new and refurbished buildings. She will support the West team of Regional Development and Principal Gifts.
- Mary Fisher, who was promoted earlier this spring to Director of Special Events & Stewardship responsible for all impact reporting, will be moving to Chicago in October and therefore will be supporting the Midwest team of Regional Development and Principal Gifts.
- Kris Machalleck has been promoted to Lead Coordinator for Special Events & Stewardship and will be focused on the programs for financial aid. She will partner closely with Gift Planning on many activities, including Donor Advised Funds, principal stewardship and the Badin Guild Weekend.
- Kathy Lentych has been hired as Coordinator for Special Events & Stewardship supporting the stewardship programs for financial aid, with an emphasis on fellowships. She will be partnering with the West Region of Development.
- Lauren Fox has been promoted to Associate Director of Special Events. Lauren will continue to lead the campaign events, among other event responsibilities.
We currently have two openings, an assistant director of special events and stewardship (with a focus on the endowed professorship and library programs) and a stewardship writer/editor. Thank you for your support during these transitions. As always, please let me know if you have any questions.