As mid-year reviews and conversations take place, see below for reminders and resources regarding Personal Development Plans.
I have received great feedback on Skillport– the new university-wide online learning resource.
For Notre Dame,
Steps and Tools for Setting Personal Development Plans
- Discuss the competency model assessment.
- Pick one competency as a growth area.
- Brainstorm different sources of learning and growth.
- Resource Guide: Education, Competencies, Knowledge, and Experiences
- Skillport (new e-learning resource)
- HR Learning Programs
- CASE Conferences and Training
- EAB Webinars
- Colleague Connections (mentoring, shadowing, interviewing, sharing best practices, etc.)
- Set a detailed action plan. Record it in the Personal Development portion of Endeavor.
- Define specific learning objectives.
- What will the employee do by when to achieve these objectives?
- What support can the manager provide?
- How can learning be extended via application, documentation, and sharing?
- Check progress regularly during coaching conversations and 1:1s.