I am happy to announce the following opportunities and changes within the Organizational Effectiveness team:
- Financial and Data Management
- Effective immediately, I am pleased to announce that Brian Dean will transition from his current role leading the operations team to focus on a newly created position, reporting to me, with an emphasis on best practices around development operations. Throughout his six plus years leading the Operational units within Development, Brian has shown to be a caring, compassionate leader, mentor, and colleague to many within the department. I look forward to working with Brian in this new role.
- Reporting directly to me, we will begin a search for a new Senior Director, Financial and Data Management. As a key process owner within the Organizational Effectiveness team, this position will have direct oversight over teams responsible for the following functions within Development: Gift and Pledge Management, Biographic Data Integrity and Strategy, Finance, and Administration. With a tireless desire for the development of continuous process improvements and enhanced ways of conducting business that are donor centric, this position will work to implement a new set of innovative, creative, and transformative initiatives that elevate the team’s contribution to the overall goals of the department. Working collaboratively with colleagues from across Development and the wider University, this individual will establish a metric driven organization that helps drive efficiencies and effectiveness for fundraisers and campus constituents while simultaneously maintaining a culture of unsurpassed listening and customer service that exceeds internal and external customer expectations.
- Prospect Management
- RESEARCH: Under the general direction of the Director of Prospect Management, we are actively recruiting for two positions in the area of prospect research: a Senior Prospect Research Analyst and a Prospect Research Analyst. These two individuals will provide the information, analysis, research, and data management necessary to guide effective donor-centric and data-driven decision making in regards to the development of suspects, prospects, and donors to the university. With a focus on becoming more strategic partners to the frontline fundraisers, these analysts will work to implement standard processes and procedures around prospect identification, prospect qualification, assigned prospect discovery, new alert prospecting/notification, and the identification of prospect networks, relationships, and philanthropic interests.
- LIAISONS: Under the general direction of the Director of Prospect Management, we are actively recruiting for a Prospect Management Consultant. Working with a team of fellow consultants, this individual will serve as a liaison to frontline fundraisers in providing analytical and empirical insights and consultative advice. Working directly with the Prospect Research team and Prospect Analyst, this position will have strategic oversight of prospect and donor data with an emphasis on the reporting and delivery of timely insights to fundraisers. He/she will work to implement standard processes and procedures around the priorities of prospect identification, prospect qualification, moves management, the prospect pipeline, the prospect giving cycle/stage, and portfolio creation.
- Strategic Applications and Business Intelligence
- Reporting to Carleen Quinlan, we are actively recruiting for a Manager of Business Intelligence (BI). As BI has emerged as one of the most prominent strategic tools within the Development Office, an experienced data warehouse and business intelligence professional who is driven and passionate about technology and providing best-in-class solutions is needed to lead the data integration, reporting, and visualization efforts within the department. In addition to leading the Development BI team, this position will work to ensure that Development systems are built to meet the information needs of the department, with a full understanding of leadership strategies. He/she will manage the diversity of needs and prioritize those needs based on the overall strategy of the business unit.
- Also reporting to Carleen Quinlan, we will soon be posting an opening for a Manager of Strategic Applications (SA). As the lead for the SA team, this position will work directly with customers to ensure that we are creating, maintaining, and scaling a suite of innovate software applications that supports the achievement of our strategic and operational goals. He/she will work to define the critical information needs of the department and provide subject matter expertise regarding current systems and emerging technologies. The Manager of Strategic Applications will work with the Director of Strategic Applications and Business Intelligence and other key stakeholders to determine the strategic direction of the technology tools and will develop best practices to support our short term and long term strategic and operational objectives.
If you are interested in any of the positions listed above, please reach out to Ann Moran or me for further details.
All my best,