Google Updates – OIT Lunch & Learn (online session)
Google is changing things up again! Learn about the latest features Google has added to its G Suite products – multiple signature templates in Gmail, dashboard and drive shortcuts, the redesigned file and the folder sharing interface in Google Drive.
Zoom Updates – Meeting Passwords
In anticipation of Zoom requiring meeting passwords, Zoom meetings will have passwords on by default starting June 13, 2020.
Key details about Zoom meeting passwords:
- Only new meetings will be affected
- Meeting passwords will be automatically added to the invitation when you schedule the meeting and embedded securely in the URL of the meeting
- Meeting passwords will, by default, be a minimum of six numbers
- If your meeting participants click on the meeting URL in the invitation or in the meeting list in their Zoom client, they will be able to join without entering a password
- If your meeting participants join by dialing in with a telephone, by clicking the Join button on their client, or by going to join.zoom.us, then they will have to enter the meeting password
- For more details, see Zoom’s knowledge article on meeting passwords
To see an example of how required passwords will look, see the Zoom Passwords and Scheduling a Meeting article.