Successful classroom discussions involve more than just asking questions
and letting students answer. This workshop will concentrate on techniques
for promoting constructive discussion and keeping discussions on track.
- Listen to other students’ opinions and take notes.
- Build on other students’ comments
- If you agree with what is being said, say so and explain why.
- If you disagree, say why and never attack the other personally.
- Ask other students’ questions of clarification.
- Connect other students’ comments to each other.
- Talk to the instructor if you are very uncomfortable with participating.