Get Your Site Started
Creating your new website can be a daunting task, but WordPress has created a Getting Started page that can assist you with those first few steps.
You can also find more in depth guides on specific topics here:
- Using page templates
- Creating page hierarchies
- Introducing the post editor view
- Creating and formatting your first post with the content editor toolbar
- Using quick shortcuts to format text
- Creating and editing links
- What is the difference between categories and tags?
- Using categories and tags
- Using revisions
- Navigating the Dashboard
- Managing Users
Blogs are different from traditional websites. Websites can be largely static and informational, while blogs require fresh content on a regular basis and tend to be more interactive with comments and discussion.
Blogging can be a great tool as part of a larger website, too – but it helps to know what you’re doing. Here are some resources for being a better blogger.
What’s the big deal with blogs? CommonCraft has produced a great video intro to blogs in under 3 minutes.
- 23 Questions for Prospective Bloggers – Is a Blog Right for You?
- Top Five Mistakes Made By New Bloggers
- Encouraging educators to blog
- How to Write Great Blog Content
- 25 Blogging Tips
And because blogging can be hard work, here’s 7 Ways to Avoid Blogging Burnout.