The Real G @ ND: FINAL TOUR

Garth has nothing on our beloved master G- Gretchen Neely.
She is a rock star!
And she has decided that her professional tour will end this summer.

Please join me in congratulating Gretchen on her decision to retire, effective June 30, 2019.

In 2013,* Gretchen was hired in University Relations as a “temporary on-call” employee. Within a month, her talent, positive attitude, and propensity for teamwork were recognized and she was hired full-time. Gretchen has faithfully served Recruiting, Learning and Organizational Development (LOD), and Internal Engagement and Execution. Her extra-mile service and warm welcome have provided lasting first impressions via the onboarding program. Her generous hospitality has fed stomachs and lightened spirits at countless professional development venues and departmental gatherings. Above all, Gretchen’s genuine care for others has created incredible impact on our UR family.

Before her time at Notre Dame, Gretchen served as an Executive Assistant to the CEO of Welch Packaging in Elkhart for 12 years. Prior to Welch, Gretchen served as an Executive Assistant at Bayer Federal Credit Union and Crown International.

Gretchen looks forward to traveling and spending more time with her recently retired husband Mike, their children and grandchildren, and Gretchen’s best friends since high school! She will also be back-on-campus enjoying Football Fridays.

May we all appreciate Gretchen’s farewell tour in the months ahead!

For Notre Dame,

Bryan Reaume
LOD

*Gretchen’s decision is completely separate/independent of the current Staff Retirement Incentive Program. A thoughtful transition plan, including the posting of a role on the LOD team, will commence in the coming weeks. Questions or inquiries about this new role can be directed to Bryan Reaume or James Riley.

15 thoughts on “The Real G @ ND: FINAL TOUR

1. Your smile will be missed! Congrats and enjoy the next chapter in this journey we call life.

2. Beautiful Gretchen, Congratulations. Your professionalism and kindness is an inspiration to us all!

3. So happy for you Gretchen! Love and best wishes as you embark on your new journey.

4. Congratulations, Thank you, and Best wishes my friend. You have earned it. You hold a special place in my heart, always making me feel at home especially in my early days. I will be by for one more or two jigs before you go.

5. Congratulations Gretchen! We are going to miss you so much! Your smile and graciousness were always so welcoming every single day! Best Wishes my friend!

6. You are a rock star! You are trading this stage for a world tour. You go!

7. Gretchen! You are one of the treasures of Notre Dame. I love being around you and getting one of your amazing hugs. It’s only been a short time for me but I’m going to miss your smile.

Congrats and Best of Everything for your Future!!!!!

Sherita

8. You will be sorely missed, Gretchen. Many thanks for everything you have done for University Relations and Notre Dame over the past six years. Wishing you every happiness in the months and years ahead!