Notre Dame, IN– The 2015 road season will soon begin when we head down to Clemson, SC for an out-of-conference race in the SECCC on March 7-8 during the first weekend of spring break. We will then head to Blairsville, GA for a week of training in the mountains of North Georgia to prepare for the rest of the season. Defense of the MWCCC DII Team Omnium Title will begin on March 21 at our first conference race at Lindsey Wilson.
This year’s team has a lot of promise with returning men’s A riders John Pratt, Jim Snitzer, and Luke Tilmans leading the way. The women’s B squad will have more depth than any other in Notre Dame history and the other men’s categories have many strong new additions. Stay posted here for updates throughout the 2015 racing season.
Here’s a quick intro to our 2015 roster:
- John Pratt– 2014 MWCCC DII Individual Omnium champ and member of the 3rd place Nationals DII Team Time Trial. Watch out for the #PrattAttack this year.
- Jim Snitzer– 12th in 2013 Nationals DII Road Race and member of the 3rd place Nationals DII Team Time Trial
- Luke Tilmans– Top 30 in the 2014 Nationals DII Criterium and member of the 3rd place Nationals DII Team Time Trial
- Tom Frederick– Graduate student, team president, and 2nd year racer
- Andrew Koch– First year graduate student adding some experience to the roster after racing as an undergraduate at Furman
- James Pratt– He’s just a sophomore and may seem nice, but watch out for that sprint!
- Connor Williams– Very talented sophomore transfer student who is about to start his first year racing
- Bertie Nel– Ex-varsity swimmer who is transitioning over to the better endurance sport
- David Berno– Returning D rider and triathlete (but we can get over that)
- David McKenna– Physics graduate student and first time racer
- John Cerney– 1st year Law student and first time racer
- Ryan Green– Strong freshman who turned down playing varsity baseball to ride for us
- Scot Stanulis– Freshman, high school cross-country runner also transitioning over to the better endurance sport
- Paige Handy– Junior returning from abroad after a very successful freshman year
- Sarah Cullen– Sophomore looking for her first career win after coming so close several times last year
- Emma-Kate Conlin– Also a talented sophomore, looking to become an A someday soon
- Lillie Romeiser– ex-Ironman triathlete, Boston qualifier, and graduate student
- Kelly Valenzi– Eager freshman first time racer who has put in a lot of hard work this winter
- Sarah Bueter– Freshman who actually enjoys the climbs
- Maggie Schmid– Junior looking try bike racing for the first time after swimming competitively