This morning we updated WordPress to 4.9.8 which is a maintenance and security release.
The primary focuses of 4.9.8 are:
- Introduce “Try Gutenberg” callout
- Privacy fixes/enhancements
This version includes 18 Privacy fixes focused on ensuring consistency and flexibility in the new personal data tools added in 4.9.6, including:
- The type of request being confirmed is now included in the subject line for all privacy confirmation emails.
- Improved consistency with site name being used for privacy emails in multisite.
- Increased the test coverage for several core privacy functions.
- Pagination for Privacy request admin screens can now be adjusted.