CALL FOR STUDENT VIDEO MINI-PROPOSALS
- Call for proposals announced: February 11, 2021
- Proposal submission deadline: March 10, 2021
- Proposal decisions announced: March 18, 2021
- Video production period: Mar 18 – Apr 30, 2021
- Final video submission deadline: April 30, 2021
Calling all student researchers! Have you been working on SARS-CoV-2 wastewater surveillance? Are you interested in expanding your science communication skills and showcasing your lab’s work?
The NSF RCN is seeking students to create short videos as teaching and/or training tools for SARS-CoV-2 wastewater surveillance studies. Videos are invited for three different categories of methods:
- sample processing methods (e.g. PEG precipitation, filtration)
- analytical methods (e.g. qPCR, ddPCR)
- statistical/data analysis methods (e.g. determining limits of quantification, trend analysis)
Students are invited to submit a short proposal describing the video they’d like to create based on the instructions found here. Proposals will be evaluated by the NSF RCN Steering Committee based on typical NSF review criteria, including Intellectual Merit and Broader Impact. Proposals can request up to $150 in funds to help create their video, which can be used toward renting film equipment (cameras, tripods, etc), production support, etc. Selected proposals will then be invited to create and submit their videos to the RCN.
Final videos will be posted to the NSF RCN webpage and on YouTube. After video submission, the RCN community will be invited to vote for their favorite videos. All students submitting videos will be awarded with a certificate and the top videos for each category based on community voting will also receive an award of $250 each.
Submission Deadline: March 10, 2021 @ 5pm EST
Questions can be directed to Jill McClary-Gutierrez at firstname.lastname@example.org