Here are some different in-person and virtual meetings being hosted by members of the RCN. If you would like to share a meeting on this website, please email Sarah (email@example.com).
Occupational Risks to Infectious Agents Among Wastewater Workers: Prevention, Challenges, and Research Opportunities
- When: Thursday, October 19, 2023, 12:00-1:30pm Eastern.
- Where: Zoom, Meeting ID: 1601348343, Passcode: IID1019!
- Who: NIOSH Immune, Infections, and Dermal Disease (IDD) Program
The adoption of wastewater-based surveillance during the COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in an increased recognition of biosafety risks faced by wastewater professionals. At the same time, there is also a perception among some of practical limitations on the implementation and adherence to biosafety practices by wastewater workers. This webinar will discuss the exposure risks, perceived limitations, appropriate biosafety practices, and creating a culture of safety for wastewater professionals.
Wastewater-based surveillance as pandemic preparedness tool (WastPan) Final Seminar
- When: October 26, 2023 2:00PM EET (UTC + 2:00)
- Where: Helsinki, Finland and Teams
- Who: WastPan and Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare
- Registration and program
Wastewater-based surveillance as pandemic preparedness tool (WastPan) consortium arranges its Final Seminar on Thursday 26th October 2023 at 14 EET at Helsinki, Finland, and Teams.
Microbes in Wastewater: Molecular Approaches in Pathogen and AMR Surveillance
- When: January 18 – 19, 2024
- Where: Laguna Beach, California, registration on the website by Dec. 12
- Who: Sunny Jiang, Ryan Reinke, Janina Krumbeck
Stay at the forefront of wastewater research and be a part of this transformative symposium led by innovative thought leaders of the field. Dive into the latest research on cutting-edge wastewater technologies and data analysis techniques that are revolutionizing wastewater research. Learn from renowned researchers and industry pioneers as they showcase and address real-life case studies and practical applications in: Pathogen and AMR Surveillance, Advanced Molecular Tools, and Data analysis and Bioinformatics.