Before it all.

I have never had such an opportunity to make travel so academic so conscientious. While I have traveled alone before, I am expecting this experience in Tours, France to be unlike before because I am arriving to a place wherein I do not speak the language well and wherein I do not know the people who I will be staying with. I am fully prepared for this experience, and am excited for the higher level of French I will achieve. People say there is nothing like learning a language in a country in which they speak it, but I will now finally be able to attest to that commonly accepted idea. While the 22.5 hours of instruction will surely take an effect on my French, I expect the atmosphere to challenge me to be more outgoing and willing to speak French despite the possible grammar mistakes. Furthermore, I feel some pressure to increase my level since I will be attending Sciences Po in the fall. I hope for the best and have high aims, I am also fully prepared to look foolish for the sake of improvement.