222A Hesburgh Library, 3:30-4:30pm
Present:Lisa, Justin, Kitty, Tom, Mary, Tracey, Nastia, Andy, Aaron, Leigh, Kevin
Aleph 22 Recap
- Upgrade was done
- Issues with highlighting fields and copy/paste in the catalog GUI
- Have seen some problems with call slips, but appears to pre-date upgrade to Aleph 22.
- Could we cron a report of items with outstanding holds? Especially for items in process
- No reports of speed issues.
- Excel ready reports are ready.
- Test server:
- Can install from control panel (NDU)
- For MALCs should be in Google folder
Aleph 22 Minor Release
- Aleph 22.1 has been released
- Should correct the ‘Correct Headings’ function
- Also has feature for opening report in a browser (to allow copy/paste)
- Will post release notes and discuss time frame at next meeting.
- Production Koha is up and running
- Still trying to get list of patrons to load
- Waiting for OK from Jennifer to purge records in Aleph
Law Library Update
- Planning report to the Law School this spring
- Technical needs
- EDI Ordering
- Banner invoicing
- Batch record loading
- Time frame: Sept. 2015-June 2017
- Fully separate database: xxx01, xxx10, xxx50, xxx60
- Issue: Local training
- May be helpful to have some MALC staff involved in training
- Question: how many staff does Law have?
- Inventory system is progressing with contract programmer
- We have been collecting condition info, will ingest into Aleph, internal note field. If there is an existing note, the conditions will be pre-pended.
- Will do size study for plannogram and tray ordering.
- Visited Western Michigan and will visit Northwestern