208 Hesburgh Library, 10:00-11:00 am
Present: Nastia, Mary, Sarah, Kitty, Justin, Lisa, Aaron, Tracey
- Did a full extract of Notre Dame database to send to Hathi.
- (Different from the Gov Docs extract done earlier this year.)
- Send data 1-4 times/year
- System number
- Volume information (monographs)
- Preservation / Missing status (Did not include in this extract)
- Federal document flag
- Found about 2000 records that could not be parsed
- OCLC number problems
- Records that “broke” MARC batch modules because the record was not UTF.
- Records with invalid indicators in 866 (e.g., dashes or dollar signs).
- Need to develop policies to track preservation (brittle) and missing items for Hathi.
- Ready to start purge process
- Meeting this afternoon
Primo Browse Searching
- Primo4U, June 11-12
- Cross-references: Parameter to export xref data does not appear to be in Aleph 20. Aleph 22 documentation indicates that the parameter is available.
- Discussed Call Number browse