222A Hesburgh Library, 1:00 – 2:00 pm
Present: Kitty, Mary, Lisa, Justin, Amanda, Sarah, Tracey, Monica, Tom, Andy, Joe
Irish 1 Card Update
- May 2017 for production
- Looking at using Omnicard reader with Raspberry Pi to do web service lookup (CSN to ID)
Aleph Server Migration
- Last December moved Aleph to a virtual server.
- Now moving underlying virtual server software from Red Hat to VM
- About 1 hour downtime.
- Primo would still run, but not get updates
- Tracey will check on open hours during break
DocDel / InterMALC requests during break
- Staff will be out Dec. 24-Jan. 4
- Last year used banner to indicate that requests would not be processed.
- Will put banners on library home page, Primo headers, and Aleph OPAC
- ND sends out courtesy notices 3 days before an item is due.
- This applies to all item statuses. (If an item has a loan period of less than 3 days no notice is sent)
- Graduate Student Library Advisory Panel asked if MALC partners could also send notices.
Patron Purge / Scrubbing
- ND will scrub circ logger after 30 days, other tables the same night
- Will delete transactions from circ logger after 18 months.
- Patron record purge
- Revised to catch more patrons
- Modifying so it can be run on a schedule
- Will decide on patron statuses, how long expired, and time frame next meeting.