222A Hesburgh Library, 1:00 – 2:00 pm
Present:Joe, Tracey, Trish, Lisa, Andy, Kevin, Kitty, Justin, Aaron, Nastia, Mary
Statistics posted online
(Tabled from previous meeting)
- Have been posting monthly statistics online.
- MALCs have not been able to access because of the firewall.
- Do we need to continue maintaining the website?
- MALC directors noticed requests from their libraries for materials in Annex.
- Was this perhaps during the summer when Annex copies were not retrievable?
- Hesburgh has had a complaint about loan periods for journals. Because of delivery times, a journal that had been requested was already overdue when the patron received it. Will consider extending loan time for bound journals (referred to Cheri and Lou).
- Adapted script from MIT to send email notices from the server, instead of using the Print Daemon.
- Justin and Tracey have been revising the templates to be more uniform.
- After Christmas, will implement, so that Print Daemon will only handle printed notices, no email.
Records without Holdings
- About 28,000 Bib Records w/o holdings/items
- Large portion (20K) appear to be attempted deletes with LDR field only
- May be good to focus on records with valid OCLC numbers (in case our symbol is in OCLC)
- May be microforms
- Special collections in process records
- Doc Center records
- Will run reports for each MALC